CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Freezer Meal Frenzie

I love freezer meals!! A couple hours of cooking, one mess and I end up with four meals for my family. Today I would like to share with you my favourite sloppy joe freezer meal. I found it on Our Best Bites but took out some of the water because I liked the consistency without. Here is a link to the original recipe http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/10/dressed-up-sloppy-joes/
It is delish!!

Okay, gather your ingredients. Here is what you will need: 

1 lb. lean ground beef (If you have a large amount of meat to cook, put it in a roaster and cook it at 350 degrees in your oven until it is done)
Seasoning salt to taste
1 medium onion, minced ( I like to mince my onions, peppers and garlic in the food processor)
1/2 green pepper, minced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
3/4 c. ketchup
1 tsp. mustard
3 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp.vinegar
3/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 hamburger buns

 I 4x this recipe so I would have one meal to eat that night and 3 to put in the freezer 

Instructions: 

 Brown ground beef with onion, green pepper, and garlic. Season to taste with seasoning salt. Add in mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Combine tomato paste to hamburger mixture. Add water if desired. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.

 Get three freezer containers that are labeled and whatever you are going to cook your meal in for that evening. Fill each bag with an equal amount of the sloppy joe mixture. 
 Now you can cover, turn heat to low, and simmer your sloppy joe meal for the evening for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on hamburger buns. Or you can stick it in the crockpot on low for 3-4 hours.

On the day you are going to use one of your freezer meals, defrost it overnight in your fridge. I usually throw it in the crockpot or you could warm it up on the stove top.
Your life is now going to be easier!! Can't you wait to have your freezer meal and not have to prepare much??  Yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment